After I finished my cap Alex (the bf) thought that he needed a new hat too. He found a pattern that he liked after doing a google search.
We chose to use two different types of yarn, the main color (blue) is a bamboo and virgin wool blend. Alex of course liked the most expensive yarn that was in the store. The accent color (tan) is the same cashmere that I got at the garage sale (see previous post).
The pattern was ok and I liked that it was straight forward and simple enough for me to do while in class. As I got close to finishing I noticed that my hat had kind of a cone top which was obviously undesireable, so I ripped back until before the decreases and tried again. I got the same result the second time, I just went ahead and finished the project and then kind of bound off the top of the cone on the inside of the hat so it now looks like the hat has a nipple on the inside but when worn it looks good and nipple free. I don’t think that anybody will notice. Alex was a sport about it and has not given me too hard of a time.
Needless to say I would not reccommend this pattern to others, unless they want a nipple hat. To be fair, I did use the seamed version that uses two needles instead of the seamless version that uses four needles.
Thanks to Alex for modeling.